[Resolved] how to create a child theme for Alexandria (actual instructions)
This is exactly as suggested by the author in another thread. I’ve added a few details that might be helpful to those who don’t do this kind of thing all the time.
1) copy the child folder to your computer
2) edit the screenshot.png so that its easy to recognize
3) edit style.css to rename the child theme if desired
4) also, rename the folder from ChildTheme to something you’ll recognize
4.a) For myself, I renamed the folder AlexandriaTurco, and renamed the theme to Alexandria Turco in the style sheet.
5) copy the folder with the new child theme to the themes folder in wordpress
6) Activate the child theme in WordPress
7) Once you do this, you’re taken to the theme page. Click on the Child Theme image, then scroll down and click Save.
8) Go to the Menus item under Appearance, select the menu you want to use and click save. (Changing to the child theme somehow erases that setting.)
9) Go to your widgets page and make sure you have the correct widgets in place.
How to use it:
To make changes to the css, edit css in the lite.css file.
I assume all the other rules apply regarding editing template files, etc.
For additional reference: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
- The topic ‘[Resolved] how to create a child theme for Alexandria (actual instructions)’ is closed to new replies.