Please excuse me if this addresses somewhere else.. if so I simply didn’t use the right search terms to find it, as I have looked.
Okay onto the problem.
I’m having a very strange issue with consolidating my WordPress profiles into one. I hope I can explain this well:
1. It looks like I somehow managed to create a WordPress.com and WordPress.org site with the username memphistypehistory. I believe this to be the case because I can access both of these blogs/sites when logged in as this username.
2. I have a profile associated with my name on the WordPress.com site called http://www.memphistypehistory.com. It’s set to be an admin. However, the overriding acccount is memphistypehistory username, which is the one that created the page. After I created it, I set up a new profile for myself as an author and set up one for another author.
So, first thing is, I would like to remove the memphistypehistory username from the system because I think it’s the one messing up the consolidation of the two author accounts I now have.
3. The author account (the one using my name and photo as the avatar) on memphistypehistory.com has one email address associated with it. The account that manages my self-hosted wordpress.ORG site (caitlinlhorton.com) is a different email address associated with it, but curiously the gravatar seems to be stuck as the one I originally set for the memphistypehistory username.
4. I’ve tried inviting my wordpress.org username/author account to my memphistypehistory.com site (which is wordpress.com) and then deleting the “extra” author account, but this process isn’t doing anything. The invited account doesn’t even show up even though I accepted the invite.
So, how do I get rid of this memphistypehistory username that seems to be uniting my wordpress.com and wordpress.org sites?
Then, how do I consolidate my named author account to be the same across both of these websites?
I really hope this made sense. I’ve been working on it for quite some time trying to change the email addresses, invite new users, etc, and none of that seems to work at all. I appreciate your help!
- The topic ‘How to consolidate an author account across multiple sites’ is closed to new replies.