I have a blog site with the wordpress pages in the web root directory. I want to create a second blog accessable from the main page, in a tab.
What I'm thinking I need to do is:
1. Create a new database for the new blog
2. Install wordpress into a a folder on my site
3. Have that new wordpress install connect to the second database.
4. Configure the look and feel of the new blog and start posting.
1. Is the above correct, or am I making more work for myself?
2. How would I create a tab on my main blog to link to the second blog?
I suppose I COULD make a landing page when you first get to my site so you can select which blog one wants to read. I'm considering that option and the more I think of it, the more I like it.
I've never done this before, so I'm not positive about what needs to be done. Any advice and/or assistance would be MOST appreciated!