Support » Plugin: The Events Calendar » How Do I Widen the Venue Section

  • Resolved ma3ry

    (@ma3ry)



    The Venue section of my page has lots of room appears to have three columns – the first is for “Details”, the second is for “Venue” and the third is invisible and just taking up space

    I tried removing the first column “Details” but even with it gone, the “Venue” column is no wider.

    This results in no spaces between Brentwood,TN37027United
    and then States+ Google Map is on the next line.

    How do I divide the page into two columns instead of three (if that’s what’s happening).

    Ideally, but not essential, I’d like “Details” on 40% of the page and “Venue” on the other 60%.

    Thank you.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Contributor GeoffBel

    (@geoffbel)

    Hey @ma3ry,

    Thank you for your interest in our products.

    I just went and looked at your website and it seems like you were able to get the events to display to your liking. Kudos!

    Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our users started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide support for customization such as display customization.

    With that in mind, you are more than welcome to browse our documentation and knowledge base here: https://theeventscalendar.com/customizations/

    Have a great day!

    Geoff B.

    ma3ry

    (@ma3ry)

    Thank you but actually it is not displaying to my liking. There are no spaces between city, state, zip code or country and +Google Map – and country (United States) should not be on two lines.

    Example: My site shows:
    Brentwood,TN37027United
    States+ Google Map

    It should show:
    Brentwood, TN 37027 United States + Google Map

    See http://tinypic.com/r/e8u23b/9

    There is lots of space for it to be on one line.

    Each component should have spaces between and there is lots of room for it to be on one line.

    To my thinking, this is not a customization. This is something that needs a fix.

    I really don’t care about the widths of the columns. I just want the text to be shown correctly with spaces where they belong.

    Plugin Contributor GeoffBel

    (@geoffbel)

    Hey @ma3ry,

    Thank you for writing back.
    I see what you mean.

    This is actually a matter of CSS coming from your theme.
    Try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see what I mean by that (please save your theme settings before).

    In order to gain full power on your site’s look and feel, I would highly recommend reading the following articles:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wordpress-customizer/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-fonts-and-colours/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/styling-events-widgets/

    Here are a few CSS rules that would probably help you get started

    .tribe-events-event-meta .tribe-events-meta-group {
        width: 48.3333% !important;
    }
    .tribe-country-name {
        clear: both;
        display: block;
    }

    Have a great day!

    Geoff B.

    Thank you. This is exactly what I needed. Much appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.