When in my Main Menu page2(child) sits under page1(parent), I want the URL to be: mydomain.com/page1/page2
NOTmydomain.com/page2 (WP omits the parent page in the URL and I need that parent page to show)
In other words I want WordPress to STOP cleaning the URL!
Can that be done? In need it this way for a client.
WP install 3.5.2 on Linux server PHP 5.3
Need your help!
What theme are you using? WP does exactly what you want.
Sorry. Link didn’t work before
Not much support for that theme.
When you place page 2 under page 1 you should be able to drag it to the right and then it says sub item. The link would look like this,
Yes. I have done that in Menus but it still does not come up the way I need it to: mydomain.com/page1/page2
I see it is working in the example you gave (exactly the way I need my site to work). For some reason, it does not work correctly on my website.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress.
- The topic ‘How do I get rid of the WP clean urls’ is closed to new replies.