How close are “Comments” to FORUM functionality?
I’m not that familiar with administrating WordPress comments… so I’m wondering if my site can get by without a full on “forum”.
So… with comments:
* How do I ban users / spammers?
* Can I limit comment length?
* Can I let them edit their comments?
* What about images?
* are there wordpress.tv “how to comment” tutorials?
* What about just *one* email per discussion thread until the user goes back, like many other forums? Getting one email for every post is a bit like belonging on an email list. It can be more efficient in one’s thinking to see a few thread emails one could reply to, and choose the “ABC” thread instead of the “XYZ” thread, and go in and read all the comments in sequence on the site. Having all the various comments from various threads sitting in one’s email is a bit annoying.
Basically, I want all the power of BBpress in the comments but not the hassle of setting it up.
- The topic ‘How close are “Comments” to FORUM functionality?’ is closed to new replies.