Support » Plugin: GiveWP - Donation Plugin and Fundraising Platform » How can I edit the URL shared on social networks – MultiStep form?

  • Resolved wemnael

    (@wemnael)


    I want to customize the URL shared on social networks (FB / Twitter), when using the multi step form . Now the URL points to donation confirmation URL, which is not correct.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Contributor Ben Meredith

    (@benmeredithgmailcom)

    Hi @wemnael

    I’m not seeing that on my tests on my own site. Here’s a quick screencast of what I see:

    http://somup.com/cYi0oD6iNk

    ​​Let me know if that resolves things, or if you need further assistance. ​Thanks for using GiveWP! Have a great day.

    Thank you @benmeredithgmailcom I think the problem it that at Settings > Default Options > Post Types > Form Single Views , I disabled the specific URL for individual forms. Because there is no direct URL of any individual form, the share URL is wrong. I would like it to be to the front page. Thank you.

    Plugin Contributor Ben Meredith

    (@benmeredithgmailcom)

    Hi @wemnael

    I just changed that setting, and I’m still not able to replicate a problem.

    Here’s what I did:

    1. Disabled Form Single Views
    2. Embedded the form on a Page
    3. Set that page as the home in Settings > Reading
    4. Submitted a donation as I did in the screencast above
    5. Checked the URL. It correctly shared the URL of the home page.
    6. Embedded on a separate page with the slug /donate/
    7. Repeated steps 4 and 5.

    No matter what I do, I’m not seeing what you’re reporting. I suspect that there’s a plugin conflict.

    Here’s an article we wrote on a method for checking for plugin or theme incompatibility using the Health Check plugin: https://givewp.com/documentation/resources/troubleshoot-wordpress-websites-health-check/

    Follow the steps there, and let us know if you can isolate what the conflict is. At that point, we’ll try to replicate the conflict and find a fix.

    Dear Ben,
    Thank you. It seems the conflict is with WPML. I deactivated all translation of the ”confirmation page” and settled the language of that page to default site language. Now it works.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.