I’m a complete newcomer to WP, but a friend of mine who isn’t particularly web-literate asked me if I could help her with uploading issues, and I figured I would try. To try to be as clear as possible…
* File uploads are limited to 7MB, but she wants to upload media files that are greater than 7MB.
What I’ve done:
* Created info.php in /wp-admin for her site, checked it out, found that the loaded config file is at /etc/php54/php.ini. I went and created that path and file and put the following in the file verbatim, so perhaps there’s something wrong here:
post_max_size = 64M
upload_max_filesize = 64M
max_execution_time = 500
max_input_time = 500
* Waited for a while to see if the change would take effect.
* It seems like the WP framework isn’t picking up the changes that I’ve made to the loaded configuration file. I did notice that the permissions on the file *do not* include +x.
* I only have FTP access, and neither I nor my friend are clear at all on how I can get CLI/SSH access to her WP instance.
Does anyone know what I could do to close this issue? Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘Helping a friend w/ WP – How to restart/discover new files?’ is closed to new replies.