Help with layout and tags
I currently have an existing site with wordpress at http://www.twistedangels.net . While I love the design that a guy created for me, I’m having a few issues with the site as a whole.
1. The buttons for the different pages at the top (Home, About, Blog, Join…) do not line up as they should. Depending upon which browser you use (I have tried it with IE and Google Chrome) one or more of the buttons for the pages actually ends up on a second line and essentially behind the purple winged logo. How can I fix this?
2. Can you change the file name of photos added to a site as part of a template? For example, if you right click on any of the model photos just below the logo and try to save the image, you’ll get something like “72932464_65bd7ea918-resized-image-112×1… as the file name. As I understand it, this is a big negative for search engines.
3. I have no idea why but when my site pops up in search results, (Just put “twisted angles” into your search engine – it comes up first on Google and third on Yahoo!) the meta tag is not real great – just the site name, and the meta description is non-existent. How in the world do I change that?
Any help would be appreciated.
It just looks like there are too many buttons up in that top part. So you have three choices, as far as I can tell:
1) remove some (not fun)
2) widen the page (takes some work, but it’s doable)
3) shrink them even further (not easy to read)
As for renaming images, look at this plugin – it should help:
Lastly, if you use a plugin like this one, it will help you fix the meta on the site and on all it’s pages. It’s easy to use:
I use the plugin “All in one SEO” and it doesn’t seem to allow options to adjust meta. I suppose you’ve used the one you suggest and it does?
Thanks for the tip about renaming.
Not sure how to widen pages but that may be the best option.
- The topic ‘Help with layout and tags’ is closed to new replies.