Store URL: Sandbox version (moving target!): astorservices.org/children/products-page/
WordPress version: 3.8.1
WP e-Commerce version: 184.108.40.206
Gold Cart version: none
I did this on the Payment settings page:
- Enabled PayPal Payments Standard 2.0
- Filled in our PayPal account details
- IPN: yes
- Send shipping details: yes
- Address Override: no
- Forms Sent to Gateway: left default settings
I did this on the checkout settings page:
- I left all of the Checkout Form Fields at their default settings.
Then I did this:
- Added an item to the shopping cart and filled in the cart information.
- Checked the "Same as billing address" checkbox
- Submitted the form (to send the order to the PayPal gateway.)
I expected WP e-Commerce to do this:
Take me to PayPal and pre-populate (at least some of) the payment form fields.
Instead it did this:
Took me to PayPal where I received this error message:
Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.
On your documentation page here:
Number 6 reads: Under form fields link your Checkout fields to PayPal fields
Is that where my problem is occurring? What are the proper settings for the form fields?
Note: If I select "Send shipping details: no", the process works, but I would like to make the checkout process friendlier for our customers (so they do not need to re-fill as many form fields).
Any suggestions appreciated!