Tried to Move WordPress, Site Broken
I seem to have completely screwed up my site, and I’m kind of freaking out. Here’s a rundown of what I did.
1. I had a site running at mydomain.com, but I wanted to rebuild it. So I downloaded a new installation of WordPress at mydomain.com/test and built a new theme.
2. I finished the new theme and was ready to move it to mydomain.com. I decided to leave everything in the subdomain for the move, so I followed these instructions.
4. It worked fine. Mydomain.com was displaying the new site.
5. Then, I stupidly decided that I wanted to rename the subdirectory from /test to /v2 (because I wanted a cleaner name and I wanted to leave /test open for testing rather than use it for my new site).
6. Everything broke.
7. I tried to change the subdirectory back to /test because the site was working with that, but everything is still broken. The theme doesn’t seem to be loading. My site is not displaying any styles. My media is gone. My plugins are gone.
Is there any way to fix this? I’ve been working on this redesign for ages, and I’m desperate. Please, please help.
- The topic ‘Tried to Move WordPress, Site Broken’ is closed to new replies.