I'm trying to create the following structure using WordPress, but I'm having a really hard time completing it:
- site.com/cars :: shows all posts about cars
- site.com/cars/red :: shows all posts about red cars
- site.com/boats :: shows all posts about boats
- site.com/boats/red :: shows all posts about red boats
My main goals are:
- Pretty permalinks - I want the above url structure to stay, as it makes sense and is aesthetically pleasing.
- Be able to have a custom template page for each level, so for example : one template page for cars, and one for cars/red.
- I can't reverse it (i.e. red/cars).
That's pretty much it.
I've tried doing this with CPT's and taxonomies, but I can't get the permalink structure I want - the taxonomies end up being: site.com/taxonomy rather than: site.com/CPT/taxonomy.
I've been going in circles with this all week - so any help would be appreciated!!!