We are a nonprofit and are new to WordPress. We are trying to figure out how best to create a simple data-driven site we need, and we would appreciate your help in understanding whether the Listdom – Advanced Directory and Listing Plugin would meet our needs.
All we need is a simple site with one directory type of page. It should look exactly like this https://changingthepresent.org/collections/george-washington-high-school-10002
There are 140k schools, each of which will have a page like that. We need each school page to have its own URL so schools can link directly to their page.
We do not need a way to search for the schools, as that will happen on a separate site.
Each of the “products” will be a student or a donation opportunity. Those pages will not be on the WP site. ALL the links on the school pages will go to a separate site. Student “products” have two links (profile and wish list, each on a separate site).
We may have as many as 2k “products” in some schools, and a total of 5M – 10M products. Of course, we need pagination and caching.
We do need the filtering by tag as you see on the left WITHIN a school (not site-wide), and we vastly prefer compound tags like that so we can group them.
Search within a school would be nice but not essential, so long as we can filter on the left and show alphabetized results.
The two forms at the bottom are just iframe embeds.
- Can we do the above-mentioned with Listdom – Advanced Directory and Listing Plugin?
- Do you let us add what I think is called Custom Post Types to accommodate the specific fields we need?
- Do you recommend a specific theme? Again, we want it to look exactly like the page at that URL I cited.
- How does it integrate with the MySQL database?
- Do you provide tools to manage the connection to that database?
- We want to be able to add new products on the fly as we add them. Can we do that with Google Sheets, Zapier, Integromat, or something?
- Do you recommend a specific hosting company for this? 5 to 10M records and 500k to 2M visits per month?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated!!
Thank you very much!
- The topic ‘Help regarding directory requirements’ is closed to new replies.