I’m moving from Blogger to WordPress. I finished the WP installation, which was incredibly simple. But now I’m stuck – and I’d be grateful if someone could assist me.
I’ve spent several hours in the WordPress Codex pages and in the support forum, but all the information assume some basic skills which I lack, like knowing which files to manipulate. I’m using the Semiologic theme and these are the issues I’m facing:
1) RSS Feeds show the entire post, but I only want to display the excerpt. When I set the Options–>Reading–>Syndication Feeds to show the summary of for each article, only the title shows, and not the excerpt.
2) I can’t get the main page to display the excerpts – the full posts rather display. The <!–more–> Quicktag solves this, but I rather want to write a summary to appear as the excerpt, not a mere intro, as the case with the <!–more–> tag.
3) My “Categories” screen shows only the Post Titles. I’d like to show the excerpts for each post, not just the titles.
4) My “Archives” screen shows the entire post. I’d like to show only the excerpts for each post, not the entire post.
I realize some code has to be passed to show the excerpt. However, I’ve never written a single line of code before, and I have no idea which files or which portions of the files the code should go. I’m using the Semiologic theme, and I’d be grateful if someone would point out which files, and exactly which portions of the files to insert the “excerpt” codes. Reference to line numbers and/or screenshots would be most appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.
- The topic ‘Help Needed in Placing the “Excerpt” Codes’ is closed to new replies.