I am just trying to get the 728×90 banner ad I currently have on the top of the page into the header to the right of the title of the site, BarrelHopping. I realize I may need to widen the entire site a little but need help with two issues. I am using the Tiga theme and my site is http://barrelhopping.com/
1. Where exactly do I put the ad code to get it to show up in the header to the right of the site title?
2. I will need to widen the entire site to do the above, where do I go and what do I do to widen the site?
2. Don’t make any changes to a theme itself. Instead make the changes to a childtheme. Should the author of your original theme update the theme, your changes will not be overwritten. Your site with your adaptations will remail intact.
(see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes )Suggestion: use the ‘one click childtheme plugin’.
3. Use FTP to access the files of your site and it’s childtheme.
Use NOTEPAD++ or proper EDITOR [not wordprosessor] to edit css and php.
Make the changes in the CHILDtheme!
– copy php files / css-file(s) of the original theme [as required] to the childtheme directory and edit them as required.
ad to the style.css of your child theme something like