Support » Plugin: Simple Calendar - Google Calendar Plugin » Update to 3.1.21 took down my Website just now

  • Resolved rjpivonka

    (@rjpivonka)


    Update failed with error
    Warning: require(/home/mototour/public_html/bmwmoc.org/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/composer/../react/promise/src/functions_include.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mototour/public_html/bmwmoc.org/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

    Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/mototour/public_html/bmwmoc.org/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/composer/../react/promise/src/functions_include.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php56/pear’) in /home/mototour/public_html/bmwmoc.org/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 66

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I managed to find a 3 hour old backup on Siteground that I could restore to.
    Now I just wont UpDate Simple Calendar till they get this sorted again.
    I really like Simple Calendar except for today.

    I hope you can get back up real soon too.

    Yeah, the file at vendor/composer/autoload_files.php oddly has calls to a number of files which don’t exist in the plugin which is then causing the fatal error.

    I’ve downloaded the previous version of the plugin (available via https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/google-calendar-events.3.1.20.zip [click on Advanced View on the plugin listing on WP.org to get this URL] or the Rollback plugin [which isn’t really an option when the site is having a fatal error, like in this case]), and replacing the 3.1.21 version with this 3.1.20 version has it working again.

    Keep in mind that you need to prevent it from updating to the newer version until it’s officially fixed since the newer version will still try to install itself if auto-updates are enabled. A workaround would be to edit the 3.1.20 plugin’s main PHP file and set it to be 3.1.21 so it appears to be the latest release (while not being problematic like the actual latest release). That way the next update (which should address this problem) is then still installed when it’s available while the issue doesn’t happen in the meantime.

    I’ve gone ahead and bundled my patched version of 3.1.20 that looks like 3.1.21 (preventing it from re-updating to the broken 3.1.21 version) for ease of use for those that need it until the plugin is officially updated with it fixed: https://amperage.us/5mS (2.1 MB)

    As an aside, I’ve posted this on the GitHub repo (with a link to this topic) at: https://github.com/sureswiftcapital/Simple-Calendar/issues/323

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by KZeni. Reason: Added .zip of my patched version of the problem-free official 3.1.20 version that was before the problematic official 3.1.21 version
    Plugin Author SimpleCalendar

    (@simplecalendar)

    Hey all-

    For now we removed the 3.1.21 version of the plugin and released 3.1.22 which contains the 3.1.20 code. This should allow users to auto update to the version without any issues as well as prevent anybody from downloading the version with the fatal error. Let me know if you have any issues getting the plugin activated again.

    We’ll be updating our testing and QA process to ensure that an issue like this doesn’t make it’s way to our users again. Sorry about this issue — thank you for being a user and supporting Simple Calendar!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Update to 3.1.21 took down my Website just now’ is closed to new replies.