As many of you, I fell by the “we changed passwords in June…” message but there are other things to consider when you can’t login:
1) Although help says everywhere “your plugin login is the same than the forums” they don’t clarify that OTHER wordpress.org passwords, like for Codex / Documentation sections won’t work. The first notification seems to spread positivity, but the negative answer needs to be given too, because it’s the solution for lots of frustrations.
2) You might have different accounts, e.g. personal and busines’s, and both could be sharing the same gravatar’s email. Don’t know exactly whether that caused the following error, but double check and help me to figure it out.
3) I haven’t solved this one yet, and I’d appreciate your feedback.
When trying to upload one of my plugins by SocialBlogsite I tried out logging in from several locations, logout, login again…because it was clear the my user IS SocialBlogsite, and my password was allowing me access the CODEX pages, so “it must be the same”, I thought.
During those trials, at some point THE SAME account (same ID#) shown different email addresses. Nothing to do with cookies, because as you can see I mispelled my own name in one of them (don’t know how i managed to setup two accounts with same user ID) so it’s a new page, not cached nor populated by cookies.
Well, here are the screenshots, seconds apart from each other.
That’s a bug? that affected every login in the last months BIG time, because one of the things you try when user and pass seem correct, is that you are logging in to the right account, retrieve passwords… so you TRUST the info at wordpress.org pages to base your next trials.
Also, the screen capature thing was to show (not resolved yet) that…
4) Usernames are NOT always case-sensitive (yes, I know it’s impossible, but the previous screen-capture are not either, but it happened!, so, considering that…)
When logging in with SergioZambrano, the “username” appeared as Sergiozambrano (lowercase Z). Regardless of the account I was accessing to, it shown one thing in the profile when signing in with a different thing. NOT helpful when you are trying to figure out why your password won’t work and you really trust “Your username is case-sensitive”
- The topic ‘Help for your Sign-in issues – other than case sensitive username’ is closed to new replies.