My URL is http://www.sierraspiano.com.au.
Im hosted by WP Hosting Australia and the domain is registered with Crazydomains.com
1. (Ignorantly) I edited the original twentyeleven ‘theme function’ in html format (I believe I should say something like .php css) whilst attempting to add an automtic ‘delete date/time’ function. I did not have a backup.
Now the only thing that occurs when accessing the site is ‘ Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /home/sierrasp/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/functions.php on line 248‘.
2. I read on an old forum that suggested I can use a FTP to upload the wordpress files again and start from scratch.
I downloaded the ‘clean’ twentyeleven theme and I downloaded firezilla and (I think) managed to upload the new files successfully.
3. However, now I try to log into wordpress and it says ‘Already Installed
You appear to have already installed WordPress. To reinstall please clear your old database tables first.’
A lot of advice in the forums suggests I can open a file called wp-config.php and edit it. However, I assume those people can get into their websites, which I can not. Regardless I can’t figure out how anyway and am becoming lost in the jargon.
4. I just want to start again from scratch (save the domain name being attached to a wordpress site.)
I can not log in (in any way) to my wordpress admin.
Firezilla does not seem to help.
Please advise, as this is an urgent request!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you thank you thank you
p.s I am in no way versed on computer or internet jargon so please keep that in mind when responding.
- The topic ‘HELP editing theme function deleted site. Can't start again.’ is closed to new replies.