Just got the pro version, and I’m trying to customize my front-end user dashboards for basically 3-4 roles for 3 primary plugins. I want a pretty simple layout 6-7 account buttons across the top that will toggle the various account pages below the buttons. I’m struggling with a few aspects:
1) I have 3 or 4 basic account roles – subscription member, customer, and then free user and free vendor accounts. Each user dashboard needs to show only the specific capabilities relevant to that role. I have no idea where to begin on that one…maybe custom redirects by page category or tag, or maybe I could do a private user dash page for each respective user type?
2) Does elementor have the ability to show/hide divs based on clicking a button, or would I need to code it myself using something like css js toolbox? I’m not looking to scroll to a particular point on a page using anchor links. I’d like to make it appear as if the section below the buttons changes based on the button pushed and then add custom css (which I know I can do through the pro version) to show the active page on the dash.
3) I assume from there, I could add some shortcode from the various plugins to add their functionality to the user dashboard, but I’m not sure if there are any compatibility issues? Here’s the pages & plugins I plan to add:
- custom edit profile page for 3-4 user account types by profile builder
- Woocommerce orders page
- Manage the wp business directory plugin
- Add new listing (that must be admin approved)
- Edit a listing or claim ownership of a listing I’ve created for them
- Join/Edit/Unsubscribe from a flat fee subscription
- Paying members will have access to leads provided by the after sales survey plugin
- Manage mail chimp or MailPoet newsletter subscriptions
- Create a support request (plugin recommendations are welcome…I haven’t selected a support ticket plugin yet)
Thanks for any help with these items! I’ve been trying to wrap my mind around a custom user dash for each user role and how to tie in various plugins for the last few weeks.
- The topic ‘Help customizing user interface / dashboard?’ is closed to new replies.