Support » Plugin: Simple Calendar - Google Calendar Plugin » Heads up – Public API Key Limit has cut in

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Same problem :/
    Tried to create key ( http://wpdocs.philderksen.com/google-calendar-events/getting-started/api-key-settings/ )
    but I can’t see “Public API Access” option…

    How do we get a google api key? My calendar isn’t working

    Do we use the OAuth 2.0 Client ID, API Key or Service Account?

    API Key worked for me – closest to the out-of-date docs posted here…

    I created an API key and copied it into WordPress, however, when I try to load the page it displays:

    “Access Not Configured. The API (Calendar API) is not enabled for your project. Please use the Google Developers Console to update your configuration.”

    However, I enabled Calendar API for sure, I double & triple checked it.

    If I remove the API key from the plugin configuration, I instead receive a “Bad Request” error.

    Anybody knows how to fix this?

    Best regards

    I was on a slightly older version of the plugin so upgraded first thinking maybe that was the problem with no events showing anymore. That then gave me an error suggesting when refreshing my web page that I needed an API key so I followed the instructions as referenced by someone earlier on this thread. This resulted in no more error messages, but I’m still back to seeing ‘No Events’ by this plugin. No other settings have been changed (double checked the calendar URLs and settings are correct) so seems like something else may be going on here.

    Anyone have ideas?

    I already HAD an api link set up and it also stopped showing anything on the 26th. If I look at the individual pages of my GCal calendars like:
    http://tdr-guebwiller.eu/gce_feed/creneaux-hebdomadaires-de-la-tdr/ there ARE events, BUT if I go to the feed URL: http://tdr-guebwiller.eu/feed/?post_type=gce_feed, I get nothing.

    I’d love to find out what this problem is! It’s messing up quite a few things!

    HOW can this be marked as “Resolved” ?!

    Bill

    (@chubbycrow)

    @xionkid – because it is resolved for the original poster. They resolved it for themselves and shared their fix. That’s how the forums work. Start your own thread and keep it open until you’re satisfied. 🙂

    Solved: I create an “API key” (first option, not “0Auth” nor “Service Account”) and choose “Server key”. It works!

    Ops: I created… and chose.

    I started this thread this to pass on my experiences – creating my own API key solved my problem so I marked the thread as resolved.
    It was a bit of trial, error and guesswork as the example no longer matches the Google interface.

    From memory, I chose:
    APIs and auth -> Credentials – -> Add Credentials -> API Key -> Server Key

    The IP Address field was left blank.
    I was using the latest version of Google Calendar Events (I’d previously updated it to see if it fixed the problem, which it didn’t).
    My new API key got it working straight away.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Heads up – Public API Key Limit has cut in’ is closed to new replies.