Support » Plugin: Note Press » Headings not translated and settings for this plugin

  • Resolved psn

    (@psn)


    Hi

    We have translated your plugin but for some unknown reason headers in table for all notes are note translated even that I think they are in the .po file. Also search button is not part of .po what we can see.

    headers

    Also wonder around different settings for this plugin, when we look at the source code it seems you have prepared to have some settings, is this a coming feature for future?

    • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by psn. Reason: added note for search button
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author datainterlock

    (@datainterlock)

    Hi PSN,

    Sorry, I just saw this.

    I’m rather impressed. Even though there’s a .pot file, I had no intention of ever translating this to anything other than English.

    Several years ago this was my first attempt at a ‘real’ plugin. It was something that I wrote pretty much for myself and just decided to put it up on the WP Plugins site and turn it lose. So, what you’re looking at is the efforts of a noob WP Plugin creator.

    The .pot file probably doesn’t have all of the necessary words to do a complete translation. I likely forgot and hard coded some words to save some time. Which is why you can’t get the column headers to change.

    The search button, if I’m not mistaken, is hard coded into the WP List Table and not the NotePress code. I’d have to do some digging to figure that out.

    I had thoughts of making a ‘pro’ version which is why you saw some other settings in the code. That and I had ideas while I was working on it and just never got around to implementing them.

    One thing to keep in mind is I wrote this just over 2 years ago and other than a fix to a potential security hole, the code is still the coding of a noob. I look at it now and wonder what the hell I was thinking when I wrote it. It’s taken it those two years to get to 600+ active installs, which is about 599 more than I expected.

    But, now that it seems a few people are taking an interest in it, I suppose I should spend some time and turn it into a much nicer plugin (now that I know how).

    I may get some time this week to take a look at it again and see if I can’t get the .po file to recognize all of the hard coded stuff. If I do, I’ll upload a new version for you to play with.

    Plugin Author datainterlock

    (@datainterlock)

    Resolved in the next update.

    👍

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Headings not translated and settings for this plugin’ is closed to new replies.