page: playcentreforums.co.nz (not much to see there yet though)
I am probably what I would call an "advanced beginner" by now.
Based on the Twenty Eleven theme, via my own child theme or potentially a solid Twenty Eleven theme made by someone else, I would like to achieve the following:
- equally reduce the height of the header picture on all pages
- turn the header pic into a slide show, but on the landing page only
- static header pics on all other pages that are different from the landing page pics
- prevent WordPress from messing with the above when I upload pics to my library
- nice to have: subtle left/right/pause buttons within the slideshow
There seem many potential ways to do that, and I thought before I spend months trying to do that, I'd better ask some people who are more experienced than me.
So: If you were trying to do this, what would YOU do?
Any advice, ideas and pointers appreciated very much indeed.