I am getting a number of various errors when trying to upload an image to WordPress. There are the steps I’ve taken:
1. Unable to create directory /var/www/html/website/wp-content/uploads/2012/09. Is your parent directory writable?
– I recreated the uploads folder with permissions 777. Still unsuccessful.
– I created the subfolders manually. Still unsuccessful.
– I turned off the “Organize uploads by month and year” option.
2. The uploaded file could not be moved to /var/www/html/website/wp-content/uploads.
– I recreated the folder once again, with permissions 777. Unsuccessful.
– I tried locating the error message in the wp-admin/includes/file.php, then appending getcwd() to the end of the message to find the current working directory. Nothing new printed, besides the same error.
– I created a phpinfo file, was not able to make much out of it other than that my temp directory is writable, and that the user groups are correct.
– Removed php open_basedir on my website.
3. File now uploads according to the uploader, but the physical file cannot be seen in my uploads folder. This gives a broken image (ie. no thumbnail)
I am pretty much at my wit’s end trying to solve this problem. I am the server administrator of my own LAMP server, and I have at least 3 other WordPress sites on this server, all of which have working uploads. Except this one. I have no idea why.
Some clarification and direction will be much appreciated. Thanks.
- The topic ‘Having problems uploading an image’ is closed to new replies.