I am trying to move two of my wordpress installations from two different accounts to another my main account that already have a third WP installation.
I’m trying to move my second site now to try it out.
The sites are:
Mandalay.se (main account where all three are going)
They are all on the same server but on different domains. They also use different MySQL databases. Since they are all on different sites, they are now all three in different databases all with the same name “Wrdpr1” so I have to put the second and third site in new databases.
So this is what I have done:
1. I have followed the instructions and exported the databases from old site
2. Downloaded all the files locally
3. Created a database named mandalay_varande
4. Uploaded all the files into the folder mandalay/varande/
5. Imported the sql-backup with phpmyadmin into the new database “mandalay_varande”
6. Changed the “site-url” and “home”-tables in the wp_options table to http://mandalay.se/varande
7. Edited wp-config.php with the new database name, user and password.
My plan is to redirect the domain varande.com to the new folder when it is done and I know everything works…
When I go to the new site at mandalay.se/varande/ all I get is this: “Error establishing a database connection”.
What am I doing wrong here? Have I missed something crucial?
- The topic ‘Having problems moving my site’ is closed to new replies.