I purchased the pro version of this plugin for the extra features advertised. However, I discovered 2 MAJOR functional flaws (which also pertain to the free version):
- Manually making contacts available/unavailable involves changing around 17 separate settings! Madness!
- The plugin will NOT work well with any sort of front end page caching (eg. Litespeed Cache).
So I raised a support ticket, whereupon…
- Quadlayers support staff simply tried to fob me off with bullshit responses.
- So, I provided Quadlayers support staff a working code mod to fix the first issue (1 above) – providing a REALLY useful ‘manual’ contact available/unavailable option. They said they’d ask devs to ‘look at it’
- I asked if they could fix issue 2 (caching) simply by rendering the front end over AJAX, rather than inline HTML. They said they’d ask devs to ‘look at it’.
That was around a year ago. Heard back NOTHING since, and issues haven’t been addressed at all in latest code version. To top it all, they DELETED my support ticket – as a PAID up subscriber.
I welcome any response from Quadlayers here. Otherwise, caveat emptor people.
- You must be logged in to reply to this review.