A friends website was hacked over the weekend.
It was blocked by Google and the ISP and we were told to sort it. No problem there. I found the offending files and removed them.
Now the problems start.
The site started showing
Fatal error: Class 'NOOP_Translations' not found in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage22/pr/ac/ti/practicalmiracles.com/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php on line 503
I googled about and it transpires this was an issue in 2.xxx and the advice was to replace some of the files in the the wp_include folder. but this did not help. I ended up overwriting all the files with 3.5.1 files freshly downloaded from the WordPress site. Still no good.