Guidance needed in choosing a publishing tool
Hi! I’m new to blogs and cms’es and this is my first post here 🙂
I have been asked to find and install a system that lets a small – very small – organization to publish its contact information and all that usual static stuff, upcoming events, reports of events, opinions etc. This would mainly be a one to many (or few to many) information channel with comments allowed for some posts only. The key requirements are:
1) very simple and intuitive to use (“anybody can maintain”)
2) no training needed, no manual reading necessary (“start using immediately”)
3) no technical/IT skills needed in day to day admin tasks
4) secure, as hacker proof as possible. A feature that limits login attempts would be nice.
5) on-line editing of “static” web pages, blogging in various categories
6) some sort of password protected photo album plugin displaying images and metadata and providing easy up/download (many images at once).
8) nice to have features: Showing one “category list” per language on the page would be nice, but not necessary.
I know that this goal can be achieved by using a blogging tool or a cms/portal that has blogging built in or as a plugin. I have now spent quite a few hours at opensourcecms.com and after trying to review that bewildering amount of software, I am even more confused now than I was before my desperate attempt to collect knowledge. There’s too much stuff for me to go through without guidance. Feature lists I have found. They are nice, but they don’t talk about ease of use, intuitivity, beauty, feel and so on…
So, please help, I’m lost…
Would WordPress be the best option, or should I go for some of these apps supported by DirectAdmin/Installatron:
BLOGS: WordPress, b2evolution, Pivot
CMS: Coranto, Drupal, Soholaunch, TYPO3
PORTALS: Joomla, Mambo, ocPortal, PHP-Nuke, PostNuke, Xoops
- The topic ‘Guidance needed in choosing a publishing tool’ is closed to new replies.