Greg's High Performance SEO
[resolved] Greg's High Performance SEO does not work in WP MS, fully (6 posts)

  1. Lee
    Posted 5 years ago #

    The plugin works for the main blog but doesn't allow subdomain post and page SEO fields to be completed. Are there any quick fixes?


  2. gregmulhauser
    Plugin Author

    Posted 5 years ago #

    The plugin has been fully tested on 3.0 multisite with both subdomains and subdirectories, and so far no problems have been reported.

    The most likely possibilities off the top of my head are 1) you have set GHPSEO to restrict access to just those users allowed to publish posts, and the user in question is not allowed to publish posts, or 2) you have set a subdomain blog to use a different theme than the main blog, and you have not yet prepared the subdomain's theme to make use of the plugin's capabilities.

    If you'd like to get in touch via the site where we actually provide support (please see the README distributed with the plugin), rather than here on the general WordPress.org discussion forum, and provide a bit more detail than "doesn't allow subdomain post and page SEO fields to be completed", I'll see if I can offer any suggestions.

    All the best,

  3. Lee
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I usually do provide greater detail but I was tired when I posted, sorry Greg. I'll gather some more details for you and contact you via the main support site.

    I visited the plugin home page (as listed in WordPress.org/extend/plugins/) but comments are disabled (automatically after 270 days). I must have missed something.

    Thank you Greg,

  4. Lee
    Posted 5 years ago #

    All of the plugin's settings pages have none of their settings set by default and when I do set any of them I get errors such as this one:

    Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in ~/wp-content/plugins/gregs-high-performance-seo/ghpseo-setup-functions.php  on line 242
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ~/wp-content/plugins/gregs-high-performance-seo/ghpseo-setup-functions.php:242) in ~/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890

    None of the SEO fields are added to post and page creation pages; nor do they show in any sub site's dashboard.

    I have tried re-installing the plugin post the deletion of all of its files; and I have checked that the issue occurs whether the plugin is Network Activated or individually activated, it does.

    It works fine for the top site (domain.tld) but not for any of the subsidiary sites (sub.domain.tld).

    I will post this on your support page too.

  5. gregmulhauser
    Plugin Author

    Posted 5 years ago #

    Hi Dion,

    By "get in touch", I was hoping for an email... :-)

    In any case, I've dropped you a note separately via email; what you've described is a weird issue I saw creep up on odd occasions with the RC versions of 3.0 but not since then, where WP failed to initialise plugins correctly. (I thought it had been fixed.)

    The solution at the time was simply to deactivate the plugin (mine or any others) and reactivate, giving the plugin the opportunity to ask WP to set up its defaults again; once those are in place, then all proceeds normally.

    All the best,

  6. Lee
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Greg, thank you for all your help with this. I'm very happy that we found a solution.

    Just so others are aware, the bug isn't within the plugin, it's a flaw within WordPress 3 Multi Site's plugin network activation handling. Greg's amended his plugin to workaround the WP bug but some people might still need to access their sites' database to get Greg's plugin to work on subdomain sites.

    I've documented Greg's solution here.

    Thank you, Greg, you have been very helpful :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • Greg's High Performance SEO
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic