Great tool with minor flaws
First of all: It works fine, even with heavy customization which uses the output buffer to modify the content – great job!
There are only two minor flaws (therefore not five stars) so far (as of version 1.4):
- Pre-loading pages is only done for the first site of a multisite network.
- The single sites of a multisite network will get two identical admin menu entries for the cache configuration – one in Tools and another one in Settings. Settings would be enough.
- Deleting single pages from the cache seems not to work – there is no error message but the page is still there after clicking the “X” to delete a page from the cache.
- The “Delete Cache” entry in the Admin bar makes no sense in the backend and is confusing.
But these flaws are not a big problem since the most important part – caching itself – works fine.
The idea of cache filters to add dynamic parts in the site is also really great! I use that to display an event “countdown” which is always up to date, even on cached pages.
- The topic ‘Great tool with minor flaws’ is closed to new replies.