Great theme, few things I would like
Hey, I’ll start by saying this is a great theme. I have been tinkering with at as I learn how to tweak wordpress for a few weeks for my new website. I have a few things I haven’t been able to figure out on my own so I’ve come for guidance.
1. I would like to add a widget area in the center of the header (for a horizontal social share widget), with my website logo on the left of the header, and the search function on the right side. I had help from another party to add a header in but it just ended up stretching the header out pretty bad.
2. The primary menu area below the header, I would like this center aligned how can I do that? I would also like the ability to add hover drop down menus to these links (for instance if you hover over the “business” link in the menu, a drop down linking to its subcategories “accounting” “finance” “startups” etc appears.
3. MOBILE: Blog entries are appearing very poorly. It scales far enough left to get the author image into the page and all the usual widgets, but leaves little room for text especially in portrait mode. Images in blogs are being cut off, and a single line of text only holds 4-5 words. I’m getting a lot of complaints about it. Side-wide forums are also being cut off similarly. Any ideas without using a new template for blog entries?
MORE THINGS THAT MAY NOT BE THEME RELATED I NEED GUIDANCE WITH (maybe direct me to a solution)
1. Activity feeds / profile privacy: non members can view profiles and activity feeds, non friends can view activity feeds and profiles. I would like to block non members from viewing any profile/feed and give users the OPTION to hide their feed from non friend members.
2. Editing / rearranging user link tabs, I want the friend feed to be default upon logging in, and would like to change the order of these options; I know this is buddy press related I just can’t find a solution anywhere.
I appreciate any help!
- The topic ‘Great theme, few things I would like’ is closed to new replies.