Support » Plugin: Gutenberg » Grammarly conflict in Gutenberg using Chrome.

  • Resolved outlaw11wa

    (@outlaw11wa)


    I just enabled the Gutenberg plugin today to learn more about it. Upon writing a test post using this interface struggled to initially save the post. I got a failure notice above the work. I then tried the preview button. This took me to a new window in Chrome called “About blank” and a message saying “Generating Preview”. I never resolved and no apparent activity in that window. Closed the page and returned to the post. Tried save again to no avail. Started doing a search on my second display and glanced back to see a success notice on the post. Sure, there it was published on the front end, looking good. I noticed a typo so went back to edit the text. Having done the edit I tried to save and got the error again. This time no amount of tinkering could get it to save. Some searching on the web uncovered some issues others had encountered with Grammarly browser plugin. I deactivated it in my Chrome browser, and subsequently Gutenberg plugin is responding correctly to all buttons and commands. Maybe a storm in a teacup, as the native spellchecker seems active and working on Chrome without Grammarly plugin activated. Just caused me some concern till I worked out what was happening. Others might get a poor first impression of Gutenberg when they try a test post and immediately strike problems completing the task. Might be worth a notification somewhere- somehow to give them a heads up?

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  outlaw11wa.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi @outlaw11wa

    Thanks for getting in touch! We certainly appreciate your time.

    In this case, I think the best solution is to keep the Grammarly plugin deactivated while working with Gutenberg.

    Quoting from a previous report:

    Generally, I don’t think it will be possible to add compatibility shims for every third-party service that integrates with Gutenberg via browser extension.

    Generally, I don’t think it will be possible to add compatibility shims for every third-party service that integrates with Gutenberg via browser extension.

    Are you kidding me!?

    Moderator Marius L. J.

    (@clorith)

    Hiya,

    This is a known issue, but it’s not on our end. Unfortunately as mentioned it’s not possible for us to provide compatibility with all browser extensions (there’s millions of them, it’s just not possible).

    In this situation though, the Grammarly devs are aware of the problem and are looking into a fix as they are having compatibility issues whit other platforms as well at this time.

    You can see the discussion, and the input from Grammarly in https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/1698

    As this topic is more than 3 months old, I am closing it to avoid further additions that are untimely.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Grammarly conflict in Gutenberg using Chrome.’ is closed to new replies.