Hi all! I’d just like to announce a new theme we’ve put together called Anvil. It’s GPL v3 which means you can do almost anything you like with it. It’s also been designed to be as customisable as possible – especially for developers, and even comes with a sliced up Fireworks png, ready for adaptation and re-export. The css is in a .php file, meaning many values are parameterised. You could add a back-end, if you like – and we’re likely to do just that at some point.
It’s a dark, with a white content space design.
List of key features:
1. Fully widgeted
2. Navigation widget included, giving options over and above the standard WordPress navigation
3. Fireworks png file with instructions, allowing you to easily customise the theme’s look and feel without touching code
4. Parameterised php file for css, making colour and design changes a cinch
5. Designed for speed and compatibility
6. Carefully tested by professional developers
7. Developed by a commercial company, but under GPLv3 – so high quality code, with GPL benefits
8. Designed for WordPress 2.1 and above (recommended with 2.3)
9. Contact Form that’s easy to extend and customise from within the php file and which can also be configured to contact multiple users
10. Tagging support
11. Lots of lovely commenting to help you along
12. GPL v3
13. Tested on our MU installation and works fine
There’s a widget space (which shows as the second sidebar in the widgets) which is actually on the top right – that allows you to put text in there, with a page to widget plugin you can put images in there if you like… a tag cloud… whatever you like, really, just remember it’s small. By default it shows a little adsense which if you leave it in there helps pay our development costs but there is absolutely no compulsion to leave it showing.
We ask that you keep the link to us (little top right tag) but again, no compulsion.
Official Theme Page
Official Download and Support Page
Sites Already Using Anvil
Dave Coveney’s Blog
Completely Pointless – a brain dump and MU test site
- The topic ‘GPL Theme – Anvil’ is closed to new replies.