WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Google Sitemap issue

Google Sitemap issue

  • Plugin: Google Sitemap 3.0b1 by Arne Brachhold, on WordPress 2.01

    When I rebuild the sitemap, it opens a save/open file dialog for “options.php”
    If I modify or write a post, it opens a save/open file dialog for “post.php”
    The writable xml file is in the correct location. Sitemap.php is in the plugins directory, is active and has its own Options section.
    The same behaviour for Google Sitemap ver. 2.71
    Other plugins work fine.

    Do you have any hint?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I got the same problem tonight, was just updaing my new posts. The site was dead. After deactivating the sitemap plugin everithin came to normal. Also somehow conflicts with my other plugins. I can rebuild only after all other plugins are deactivated.

    I was using WP 2.0 and after upgrade to 2.0.1 all problems started. I regret i didnt keep a copy of wp2.0

    Any idea what could be the problem. I have the strange feeling that comes from the cache, not an expert but my two cents.

    If this plugin comes as separete script instead of a wp plugin I will love it.

    I use sitemap 3.0b1 on WordPress 2.0.1 and never encountered the save/open dialog. Can you give me more details to reproduce that error?

    As for me, besides what I have already said, I am usind a standard shared hosting service, with linux/apache/mysql; wp is installed in the root directory; two writable, executable xml/xml.gz files are in document root. I have an .htaccess with the usual url rewriting and antileech stuff.

    I use the last Bad Behaviour plugin, as afar as I know this issue is unrelated to other plugins.

    The result is that when I rebuild the sitemap, it opens a save/open file dialog for “options.php”
    If I modify or write a post, it opens a save/open file dialog for “post.php”

    Arne’s sitemap plugin works well in another blog of mine, an almost identical setting, but hosted elesewhere.

    Got the same problem. Using WordPress 2.0.1. The problem started after moving to another server.

    So, I have to compare server environment with an phpinfo. perhaps it is mod_security.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Sitemap issue’ is closed to new replies.