I’m trying to set up authorship markup for my site so my photo appears next to my articles in Google searches. I’ve read about three methods and have done the two that are both supposed to work for my scenario, but neither are working.
– I have a Google+ account with a profile picture
– I have an email address that includes the domain name of my site
– I have updated my Google+ profile with that email address
– I have verified my email address with Google+
– I have added my website URL to Google+ in the “contributor to” section
– I have added a link back to my Google+ profile within my author biography section, which appears on all my content pages
– I have updated my email address on my author info page
I’ve probably done more steps that I can’t think of right now. I did read about using a plugin, but it was recommended not to and I’d rather not if I don’t have to.
When I go to the Google Webmaster Tools site and enter a URL for a page of content, it says “Page does not contain authorship markup”.
Further down under “Extracted structured data” it shows info for all my pages of content. For each one, in red it says this:
Error: Missing required field “updated”.
Error: Missing required hCard “author”.
I am using the Pinboard theme and my site is http://blissfulmiss.com.
I appreciate your help.
- The topic ‘Google Authorship Markup’ is closed to new replies.