Google Analytics Not Pulling Data from WordPress
I’ve been through the proper steps to install Google Analytics for WordPress on my server and have connected Google Analytics to my WordPress site with the proper authentication code. However no data is being pulled from the site even when I know for a fact that users are on it. Here’s what the support rep at GoDaddy said:
See here’s the thing. The access logs even show google is reaching your site:
• 184.108.40.206 – – [17/Jul/2013:11:55:45 -0700] “GET /css/sidebar_nav.css HTTP/1.1” 200 622 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)”
• The only error I found is this one:
• 220.127.116.11 – – [17/Jul/2013:11:55:40 -0700] “GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1” 404 308 “-” “Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)”
• They are looking for a robots.txt file and cant find it. Im pretty sure the plugin is supposed to handle that so this would be a question for Google support ultimately 6:16:55 PM
Please let me know any good ideas on how I should address this problem.
- The topic ‘Google Analytics Not Pulling Data from WordPress’ is closed to new replies.