I haven’t really posted here but I don’t want the information to be lost so please someone do s.t. with this post if it is in the wrong place.
It’s about Google +1 button plugin – this one http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/add-google-plus-one-social-share-button/
When I enabled the feature with the MANUAL location of the button (other options work fine) two things happen:
1) posts stopped to appear (empty content)
2) the button stopped to appear.
I found out there are two modifications needed to be done on plugin in order to make it work:
1) in google_plusone_share_button.php file you should uncomment line if ($auto != ‘manual’) (line 81)
2) in gp_display.php function it does not return anything when the option is set to manual (lol) so I just added the line:
return ‘<g:plusone size=”‘.$button_size.'” count=”‘.$include_count.'”></g:plusone>’;
before closing bracket (so line 127). It’s worth to remember that in this way the manual button is pretty much naked so any div’s you want to have around it you either have to insert manually in the template or in the return statement above. I wanted naked version 🙂
- The topic ‘Google 1 button plugin bug’ is closed to new replies.