– ambitious product – encapsulate many features in simple i/f
– friendly UI
– easy to install and get started
– if you have any problem no trace/debug option inherent
– you’re driven to use their support
– HORRIBLE work ethics
– root level access required, to be sent to generic support email
(consider you chat online – they refuse to take it there, must be emailed – a bit scary when it’s that level of trust, but OK)
– no case automation/human response – NADA – you email your precious access credentials and then silence
– they access your site on a whim, no heads up, no communication as to when they’ll go on it, what they’ll do
In my case – they took down the site twice (no biggy, but at least tell me you’re on or when it goes down so I can fix it – lucky I have monitoring service SMS’ing)
They have ZERO concept of root cause analysis – they didn’t tell me what they did (seems only functions.php @ plugin changes) but claim it was my theme that caused the problem (I believe them) with no other info and stating “the way we test – our proudct is 100% working” – well what is that way? where is your elaborate release notes that will tell me what to beware of?
Also in the process they claimed it was conflict with another plugin – great – publish a test matrix so we know what risk we’re taking.
AND I PAID FOR THEIR PRO VERSION – I actually offerred more money – I’ll pay whatever they want just provide enterprise level service – but NADA… all I got were lame excuses: “we have thousands of sites where it works” – well that’s not helping me none….
BOTTOM LINE – great product, looks like they mean well, the HAVE LONG WAY to learn what support ethics mean.
Good luck to them!
- The topic ‘Good product, HORRIFIC support’ is closed to new replies.