We’ve been using Paid Membership Subscriptions (PMS) for 11 months now as an alternative to Patreon, and it’s worked really well for us thusfar.
After testing, we paid for the full version, which was the right choice. Having a subscription to our site has increased revenue, and the pro version has easily paid for itself very quickly.
What works: (For us)
– Excellent Support. We’ve run into some installation issues and the Support team has come through for us every time with answers to get/keep this running.
– Restricted content on webpages via shortcodes (We wanted to restrict SOME content on pages for Members only, but not restrict the entire page.)
– Stripe Payment Gateway – sure it’s just a gateway, but it works well and Stripe has other reporting that you can dive into.
– Various Membership Levels works well (We have 5)
– Email Reminders is helpful and works
– Reports Chart. Basic – but nice to see how things compare to last month. Would love to see more options here.
What could work a little better
– Member ability to update payment info. (Credit Card info, address)
– Member ability to upgrade membership level without having to essentially cancel and resign up. A pro-rated system would be better to simply charge them the difference of their upgrade.
– If someone signs up on the 31st of the month, they get charged on the 31st of the month. If the month has less than 31 days, your Member will not get charged that month.
Aside from these issues, we’d still very much recommend PMS.
- The topic ‘Great Product; Excellent Support’ is closed to new replies.