For inserting a slideshow into a WordPress Post or page cSlider couldn’t be simpler or more flexible. It copes with combined text and graphics with ease.
The problems are in the details.
- The next and previous icons are vertically positioned at the top of the slider not in the middle.
- The code loads its own copy of jQuery instead of using the version WP loads.
- The ‘Nav’ display is positioned on the left – I’d prefer to be able to select the position (left right or center).
- The code uses tables for layout.
- The slider does not scale responsively
It really is a shame, because cSlider really is good. If the above problems were fixed this would be my recommended slider plug-in, and I’d give it five stars.
- The topic ‘Good but fails in the detail’ is closed to new replies.