I have been searching for a simple and supported method for switching between a 2-language version of the same site; 2 WordPress installations, 2 databases and NO multisite.
I’m giving this 4 stars because it works and does exactly what I need. The ONLY reason I’m NOT giving it 5 stars is because it’s cryptic as hell.
I realize the plugin developer has freely donated his time to create and share the plugin. Yay. Thanks!
If the developer really wants it to be accessible and user-friendly, I suggest doing one or more of the following (bearing in mind that many people using the plugin are not professional coders):
– Provide up to date written documentation, including examples of how the plugin can be used in a theme.
– Provide some screenshots of how to properly configure the plugin settings.
– Provide some FAQs reflecting some of the common questions being asked in the support forum.
– Provide a basic bilingual demo.
If you’re like me and you only need basic switching between 2 sites, pop this into the header.php file on each site:
<?php the_bilingual_link(); ?>
…despite what it says in the “instructions”.
Thus endeth my rant.
- The topic ‘Good But Cryptic’ is closed to new replies.