I tried to “Talk” (not even edit) in the $globals codex page and suddenly it said I can’t edit (create, because there was no talk) Is that normal? How do an new user (not user?) requests for an edit? (I didn’t even try edit, because I prefer some expert to review it.
Here’s the talk (suggestion/request)
Some mistakes here:
- $pages is not an integer as said here.
- The more tag is not only related to multiple pages.
- Also, $more is NOT related to $pages or $page. Maybe indirectly (second pages would set it to 1)
Also, I propose a way to avoid confusion with a “page”, and call (sub)page to each piece the post/page has been broken into.
I bolded each important piece of information each variable refers to in the description, and re-ordered them to keep a good flow of the data presented.
- $multipage (boolean) True if the queried post has been split into (sub)pages (with <!–nextpage–>) Related to $page.
- $numpages (int) The number of (sub)pages the post has been split into. Related to $page.
- $page (int) The current (sub)page (from query var “page”. E.g. somepost/page/2)
- $pages (array) An array with the contents for each (sub)page the post has been split into.
- $more (boolean) True = the teaser should be NOT be stripped (e.g. single, page, or feed) Related to $page
- The topic ‘Globals codex page’ is closed to new replies.