WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » Global Translator plugin stopped working after DB transfer

Global Translator plugin stopped working after DB transfer

  • On the new domain (and host and server) Global Translator works with default links but not other permalinks. The problem came about after transferring the database to a new host, server and domain. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin as well as deactivating all plugins except global translator with no success.
    The problem site is: http://kokorocombatives.com I have the plugin working fine on the original test site: http://titaniumeffect.com/kokorocombatives.com as well some other sites. This issue is completely baffling. Thanks for any help. This issue is getting the better of me.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I know of one thing that is likely to work. I’ve done this method myself with success to fix an admin lack of privileges problem. Go to yoursite/wp-admin/export.php, download the export file. Delete your database, and all files, until you have gotten back to square one. Install a fresh wordpress, plugins, themes, whatever you like. Now import that export file. You should now have a functioning blog, with your original content restored.

    It’s not a pleasant method, and I certainly understand if you decide not to go that route. When I did this, it was a last ditch effort to get my blog working correctly, after exhausting my options and searching for answers than I’d like to admit. It worked though, and well.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Global Translator plugin stopped working after DB transfer’ is closed to new replies.