[Resolved] Glitches with Edit Flow's filtering, sorting and content display
I’m trying to integrate Edit Flow into the 18-person news operation at a major public university. We like its many capabilities, and are eager for the improvements on the roadmap for v0.7 and beyond. Thanks for the great tool and the ongoing development.
Not to sound ungrateful, but there are some vexing flaws and bugs in the current version (0.6.5). (There are also some enhancements we’d like to suggest, but I’ll put those in a separate post.) Things we hope can be fixed:
- Story Budget doesn’t display all posts matching a filter selection; it seems to default to a max of 10 posts per category, though I don’t find this explicitly stated anywhere. Best option would be user-selectable quantity to display, with pagination for additional matches. Alternatives would be keeping the current default of 10 but add pagination in cases when there are more than 10 matches, or simply display all no matter how many.
- Story Budget’s View All filter for categories displays only top-level categories, not all categories. And since posts may belong to a subcategory but not the top-level parent, that can result in the post not displaying at all.
- Name displayed with listing in Calendar view (“By Whoever”) should be the post author, not the most recent reviser.
- Date filter on Story Budget is nonintuitive – the “To:” field includes posts up to BUT NOT INCLUDING the specified date, whereas it should include all posts ON the specified date.
- Updated column on Story Budget is inaccurate and inconsistent. Post updated 7 hours ago (per revision trail) is listed as having been updated 13 hours ago. Post updated two minutes ago shows as having been updated 8 hours ago.
- Unpublished option in Calendar status filter is incomplete. Our custom statuses are 0-Idea, 1-Assigned, 2-Ready to edit, 3-Rewriting, 4-Editing complete, 5-Needs images, 8-Completed and 9-Hold, plus the WP defaults Draft and Pending review. On the Calendar view, filtering for Unpublished does not include any 0-Idea posts (all other statuses are included). Oddly, on the Story Budget view, filtering for Unpublished includes 0-Idea as well as all other relevant statuses.
- It should be possible to remove yourself from the notification subscription list. (Current Catch-22 lets you uncheck yourself, but because that’s a change to the file, the system automatically puts you right back on the list.)
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Glitches with Edit Flow's filtering, sorting and content display’ is closed to new replies.