Glitch with Classic Text Widget
Hit a glitch on a site today. When I tried to activate the Classic Text Widget plugin, I got this error message:
Could not activiate Classic Text Widget because of this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home6/perpetv8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/classic-text-widget/plugin.php on line 34
– Initially, I tried to activate the plugin with WP 4.7.5 and Genesis 2.5
– When the plugin wouldn’t activate, I updated to WP 4.8 and Genesis 2.5.2
– It still wouldn’t activate, so I uninstalled and removed. Then reinstalled and still couldn’t activate it.
– Web host = Blue Host
– PHP v5.2.17 *(I will have to investigate this on the user’s account).
NOTE: Turns out that the culprit was the PHP v.2.17. I changed it to PHP 5.6.29 on the user’s account, and now the plugin activates!
- The topic ‘Glitch with Classic Text Widget’ is closed to new replies.