Support » Plugin: Affiliates Manager » German translation incomplete, should be 100%

  • Resolved laserjones

    (@laserjones)


    Hi all, for some reason the Affiliates Manager plugin in my German WordPress displays some of its texts in English, even though the German translation is reported as 100% complete for the stable version (I’m using version 2.8.0). For example, the Dashboard menu “Affiliates” is entirely in English, as well as all texts under “Email configuration”, some other settings and, most importantly, the actual Affiliate web pages visible to users. Some other texts are German though. What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
    Best regards, Joerg

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by laserjones.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by laserjones.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Plugin Support mbrsolution

    (@mbrsolution)

    Hi, unfortunately the German translation is not complete. You can check the following link to learn more.

    https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/de/formal/wp-plugins/affiliates-manager/

    The following documentation shows you how you can update the languages files.
    https://wpaffiliatemanager.com/affiliate-manager-plugin-translation/

    Let me know if the above helps you.

    Thank you

    Thread Starter laserjones

    (@laserjones)

    Thanks, but the table at your link says that the stable release is 100% translated. Only the Readme is incomplete, which should not affect the texts in the WP Dashboard and on the actual website, right?

    Plugin Support mbrsolution

    (@mbrsolution)

    Hi,

    Thanks, but the table at your link says that the stable release is 100% translated. Only the Readme is incomplete, which should not affect the texts in the WP Dashboard and on the actual website, right?

    The number of strings in the po file should be 831. Can you check your po file? Let me know how many strings there are?

    Thank you

    Thread Starter laserjones

    (@laserjones)

    Hi! Yes, there are 831 Strings, 56% translated.

    Thread Starter laserjones

    (@laserjones)

    Okay, I used Loco Translate to check some of the strings that are still displayed in English. Some of them are indeed not translated, but others are translated, but are nevertheless displayed in English, e.g. “of each completed sale, pre-tax” on the Affiliate Home page. What’s going wrong here?

    Plugin Support mbrsolution

    (@mbrsolution)

    Hi,

    Hi! Yes, there are 831 Strings, 56% translated.

    That means that 44% needs to be translated.

    Let me know if you need more help.

    Thank you

    Thread Starter laserjones

    (@laserjones)

    I also noticed some translation errors, by the way.

    Thread Starter laserjones

    (@laserjones)

    That means that 44% needs to be translated.

    This does not explain to me why the table says “Stable (latest release) 100% 496”. And it does not explain why some translated strings do not show up in German on the pages.

    Plugin Support mbrsolution

    (@mbrsolution)

    I have submitted a message to the developers to investigate further your findings.

    Thank you

    Plugin Author affmngr

    (@affmngr)

    @laserjones, Please delete these 2 files from the languages folder (/wp-content/plugins/affiliates-manager/languages) and see what happens:

    affiliates-manager-de_DE.po
    affiliates-manager-de_DE.mo

    Thread Starter laserjones

    (@laserjones)

    I deleted the two files. I also cleared the browser cache and disabled the WP cache via wpconfig.php. Interestingly, this changed nothing. The Dashboard pages of the plugin are still a mix of German and English, the Dashboard menu and the Affiliate pages on the website are English.

    Then something dawned on me and I switched my WP from “German (formal)” to “German”. This changed the language of the Affiliates menu in the Dashboard and of the Affiliate pages on the website to German. But the Dashboard pages of the plugin are still a mix of German and English as before.

    This is all very confusing. How can there still be German strings at all after I deleted the German translation files?

    Thread Starter laserjones

    (@laserjones)

    I should also mention that I’m using the Language Fallback plugin, which makes sure that “German” translations are used where “German (formal)” translations are not available. So actually switching WP from “German (formal)” to “German” should make no difference, but it does.

    Plugin Author affmngr

    (@affmngr)

    @laserjones, Those are local translation files. I told you to delete them so WordPress can use the translations from here: https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/affiliates-manager/.

    Thread Starter laserjones

    (@laserjones)

    I checked https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/affiliates-manager/stable/de/formal/ again. For example, the following string from the Advanced Settings page (which is English in a German environment) cannot be found there:

    “If checked, your affiliates will not be able to earn a commission on their own purchases.”

    Plugin Author affmngr

    (@affmngr)

    @laserjones, The string is translatable and already in our local language files. The repository system may not have picked it up yet.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘German translation incomplete, should be 100%’ is closed to new replies.