I am trying to set up my page with Gengo in order to be able to blog in three languages (German (main language), English and Spanish.)
Gengo installation works like this:
1. Copy the gengo directory in the zip file to wp-content/plugins/
2. Activate the plugin on the plugin screen.
3. Add the languages you wish to use on the configuration screen. The first language you add will be the default language, and all existing posts will be marked as being written in this language. For English, use the locale en_US, which is WordPress’ default.
4. Change your wp-config.php file by hand so that WPLANG is the locale of your default language.
5. If a Gengo localisation .mo file is available for your language, also add this to the Gengo directory.
But I encounter some problems with this. First thing: How do I exaclty “Change your wp-config.php file by hand so that WPLANG is the locale of your default language.” Sounds like chinese to me. I am a very green newbie with WP and don’t even know how to access the wp-config file….. If I knew that I probably would have to change something to de_DE, that much I know….
Once put on Gengo, I tried to activate it. Didn’t work. Gave me some errors which also appeared on my page after desactivating it. I found some other threads on that topic but couldn’t solve it yet….
Thank you very much for your help computer folks 😉
- The topic ‘Gengo’ is closed to new replies.