I have just started using WP, amd I have some questions if anyone can answer.
Question 1 – How to begin building WP sites for clients:
Most clients dont need to have access to all content, as well all know that it leads to problems if doing so.
What i want to know is how to go about creating the website. Here’s how i see it:
1. Give user access to “Posts” rather than “Pages”
2. Create page structure. (e.g. Page 1, Page 2, Page 3 etc)
3. Create one or more posts relevant to each page (e.g. Post for Page 1, Post for Page 2, 4. Post for Page 3 etc)
4. Load in each page the relevant post(s). (kinda like content blocks)
By doing so, the client has access only to content areas, and not other page elements which may be confusing and vulnerable for deletion etc.
On the other hand, this can get very complex, when there are a lot pages, and worst if the site is multilingual.
So what i want to know is your opinions/suggestions on how you would go about this.
Is there a plugin to simplify the administration menu, rather than removing items from code? (show/hide menus) I cant seem to find one.
Thank you in advance.
- The topic ‘General WP Client Orientated questions’ is closed to new replies.