[Resolved] gallery folder disappears along with contents
I noticed there is a previous post with this problem that shows as ‘resolved’. But I don’t believe it is so I’m reposting a new thread here:
This happened to me twice:
1. Even though plugin is still activated, Eazyest Gallery disappears from Dashboard ‘main menu’ (where you’d select albums)
2. Folder ‘gallery’ is deleted together with all its contents (where the album folders and images are saved) – in my case around 375 images
3. In plug-in settings it declares you have to create the folder ‘gallery’ as if you’ve just installed plugin and have to start from scratch.
4. With ftp, I can see the ‘gallery’ folder is no longer there (deleted by whom? how?)
The first time I thought perhaps I had done something wrong. So I went on to re-install gallery folder again and re-upload all of the images (painstakingly so, as many of the captions have to be manually inserted).
This was three days ago, on the 20th. And today the 23rd they’ve disappeared again.
I’ve been with my host provider long enough…images and folders have never gone missing before…
It also happened around the same time in both cases…between 15:30 and 16:30 GMT.
Just in case, I’ve created a folder named test and placed it under wp-contents/
if it spontaneously deletes in three days time, then perhaps it might just be something unrelated to plugin (but somehow I doubt it)
- The topic ‘[Resolved] gallery folder disappears along with contents’ is closed to new replies.