Hello John, just wondering what your plans were for the plugin. Do you plan on developing it further?
I do plan on developing it further. I am unsure as to when it will happen, but there have been some feature suggestions that I think would be helpful. Plus, WordPress 3.5 was just released and while I believe personal fundraiser should still work with 3.5 I would like to release a new version that is verified against 3.5.
Great! Would it be helpful to start a list of feature requests or suggestions? I’d be happy to help in any way I can.
Any update on a release compatible with 3.5? It would be very helpful to us as I can’t really find another plugin like this out there. Seems like it would be great if only for the 3.5 compatibility. Much appreciated!
Wondering the same thing. I’d be happy to put in some money for a development fund for John. Anyone else?
A few things I would love to see in the next release:
Forms for starting campaigns on their own page instead of a popup
The ability for people to start their own cause with admin approval
I would definitely be interested. Currently can’t find anything like this out there. It looks like many people were happy with the previous version. I haven’t been able to get it to work as I had 3.5 before installing the plugin. Would love an update and would help financially to support a new release.
I am hoping to have a 3.5 compatible version available sometime during the 1st quarter of this year (hopefully by March).
1) is it possible to use your plugin in multi-projects posted to a same site (like a site like indiegogo or kickstarter) ?:
I have the idea to let the possibility to anyone to post his project in a kind of blog page, then to associate your plugin…
2) how it is possible to use a software given by a bank with your plugin so that the direct credit card payment can be an option (instead of paypal) ?
3) can the administrator move the indicators by himself(in the case when the donation is made via direct bank transfer or by check for instance) ?
In regards to your questions:
1) Yes, the personal fundraiser plugin was designed to do this. Each “project” would correspond to a “campaign” in the personal fundraiser plugin.
2) If you are comfortable writing php code, there are actions and filters that the plugin uses that can be used to customize the payment processing of this plugin. The readme describes those actions.
3) Yes, an administrator can record offline transactions through the admin dashboard of your WordPress site.
thanks a lot John for replying fast !
I will come probably back to you for any further questions once I start developing my site !
with WP 3.5.1 and PHP 5.4.11 I get the following error while trying to activate the plugin:
Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /var/www/development/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/personal-fundraiser/includes/paypalfunctions.php on line 62
Originally I was planning on releasing a new version with fixes as well as requested enhancements, but I think I will shortly release a bug fix version that addresses the 3.5.x incompatibilities as well as the PHP 5.4 issue.
Version 0.7.9.1 of the Personal Fundraiser plugin has been released. This fixes the issues found in WordPress 3.5.x as well as PHP 5.4:
- The topic ‘Further development planned?’ is closed to new replies.