I was chosen to take over the website for my fraternity. The website was created back in 2011 and hasn’t been updated since then. I’ve decided to pretty much change everything, but I still want to keep the site live while I would on the site in the background. So I got a plugin called SitePush, however in order to get this plugin working you must manually edit the config file as well as create two new config files, and this is where I am running into issues. Whenever I try to connect to the server through SSH (I am using putty) it connects fine. However, after typing in the user name I use (I’ll call it user from now on) it will say “Enter User@KetteringPhiDelts.com‘s Password” and even when I type the correct password it says “Access is Denied” I run into a similar issue when using CyberDuck and trying to access FTP. I am really confused as to why this is happening. I understand SSH and have used it before but not with this website. Any help would be much appreciated.
Other Useful Info:
- Current Plugins: Akismet, IThemes Security, Jetpack, Sitepush, UpdraftPlus, and WP Security Audit Log.
- I have deleted all users but the one that I use, could I have deleted the user that has the ID:0?
- When I attempt to connect as user “Admin” I get a different message then above, it says “Using Keyboard-Interactive Authentication” but I do not know the password nor if admin user exists
- When connecting through SSH the server accepts any user name even if it does not exist (such as “FakeUserName”) but the password would again fail
- The topic ‘FTP/SSH Login Fails’ is closed to new replies.